Heaven on Earth invites you with a warm tashi deleg
Abode of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, this gorgeous hamlet offers a spiritual sojourn unlike any other. Experience its
sublime, spiritual energy by visiting peaceful monasteries and rustic temples. A visit to vintage forts
and museums along with gorgeous nature trails completes the Dharamshala experience.
– The spiritual center of Dharamshala, the Tsuglaghang complex is where the Dalai Lama resides. Explore the complex and catch a Tibetan dance and music performance.
– Start a hiking expedition from the lovely Kareri Dal Lake, whose namesake is in Kashmir. The appealing lake is nestled amidst snowy mountain ranges and lush greenery.
– A spectacle to look at, the Bhagsu Falls is a sparkling cascade of milky white water. Monsoon treks are truly spectacular here and these can also include a visit to the nearby Bhagsunag Temple.
– Marvel at the olden, ancient rock-cut temples at Masroor. Dating back to the 8th century these monolithic temples and its superbly intricate carvings, are a celebrated site of Indian art.
– Soak in history with the ruins of Kangra Fort. A marvelous example of architecture, the fort is the oldest in India and is also the largest fort in the Himalayas. This royal specimen originally belonged to the Katoch dynasty.
– Other important landmarks include the vibrant Namgyal and Gyuto monasteries, which provide an array of information about Buddhism and Tibetan customs.
Plan your bespoke holiday with us.